Donor By Design Group and Westfall Gold have both forged innovative approaches to accelerate and deepen relationships between nonprofits and major donors
ATLANTA, Georgia April 4, 2019 – Two recognized leaders in donor development – Donor By Design Group and Westfall Gold – have announced a strategic alliance to help nonprofit organizations accelerate major donor relationships. The objective of the alliance is to improve industry-leading major donor development services by leveraging the unique strengths, talents, and expertise of each firm.
Donor By Design Group (DBD) is a national consultancy that specializes in capital campaigns, annual campaigns, endowment programs, and other donor development strategies. After serving as the executive overseeing philanthropy for YMCA of the USA, Bruce Berglund launched DBD. Nearly 15 years later, the firm serves national and international clients, having raised more than $3 billion in partnership with the clients they serve.
“Bruce has successfully created a culture of innovation in a space that desperately needs new approaches,” said Bob Westfall, CEO of Westfall Gold. “We are honored to be teaming up with Donor By Design — an established leader in capital campaigns and fund development.”
Westfall Gold is the groundbreaking pioneer of the major donor weekend – a three-and-a-half day retreat for high capacity donors. Founded in 2002 by Bob Westfall, the Westfall Gold team has produced over 375 major donor events. In 2018, Westfall Gold events averaged $3.4 million raised from 76% of donors participating with a $96,700 gift. The company’s major donor consulting, event management, and creative services serve to deepen the bond between high net worth families and the nonprofit organization. Virtually all guests attending – 99.4% – said they would invite others to future events.
“Having seen the Westfall Gold model firsthand, I’m convinced that they have a proven approach and methodology to accelerating major donor relationships,” affirmed Bruce Berglund, President & CEO of Donor By Design Group. “Their commitment to excellence and ability to craft a powerfully compelling story is why we are eager to work closely with the Westfall Gold team.”
- Webinar – Moving Major Donors from Transactional to Transformational Giving - August 15, 2019
- Westfall Gold Major Donor Experiences Raise $102 Million - July 18, 2019
- Building a Comprehensive Donor Development Strategy – Index - April 23, 2019
- Building a Comprehensive Donor Development Strategy - April 23, 2019
- Leading Experts in Major Donor Philanthropy Announce Strategic Alliance - April 4, 2019
- Charitable Giving Increases Despite New Tax Law - March 18, 2019
- Major Donors Give $165 Million to Non-Profits - January 29, 2019
- Charitable Giving Reaches Record High in 2017 - June 30, 2018
- Westfall Gold Raises $87.8 million in Three Months - June 18, 2018
- Westfall Gold Raises Record $131,000,000 in Major Donor Fundraising - December 31, 2017